menu

In 1943, our then-President, Ray Garrity, conceived of the idea for a Kiwanis Foundation of the District of Columbia.  It was initated with an annual appeal to members for donations and voluntary "in memory of" contributions.  Several years later, the Foundation grew to the point of funding the Kiwanis Orthopaedic Clinic at Sibley Hospital and countless other community service projects.

Today, our Foundation continues to provide support to the service initiatives of the Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C., including funding its new large-scale service project, which represents a commitment of at least $500,000 over the next five years.

The Kiwanis Foundation of the District of Columbia has an active Board of Directors, including several Past-Presidents of the Kiwanis Club of Washington, D.C.  The Foundation's Board works in conjunction with expert advisors from SunTrust Bank, Inc. and Morgan Stanley to preserve the Foundation's principal while earning a meaningful return on the Foundation's investments. The Foundation's Board remains committed to being a good steward of the funds provided by Kiwanians who have contributed to the Foundation.

 

Address: 

Kiwanis Foundation of Washington, D.C.

c/o David Cox

Jackson & Campbell, PC

1120 20th Street NW, Suite 300 South

Washington, D.C. 20036